Tuesday September 13, 2005
Displaced Residents from Gulf Coast Region Invited
The city will host a Community Career Fair on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
More than 80 employers will be set up on the second floor of the Louisville Gardens, located at 525 West Muhammad Ali Boulevard, to accept on-site and on-line applications for jobs of all skill levels. The career fair is hosted by the Louisville Metro Community Action Partnership (CAP), with support from KentuckianaWorks.
“We are excited about the overwhelming response of our corporate citizens and community employers,” said Kimberly Bunton, interim executive director of CAP.
The career fair was previously scheduled for all local residents, and now an invitation has been extended to more than 2,000 displaced residents from the Gulf Coast region who have arrived in Louisville.
“This is a career fair for the entire community – people who have lived here all their lives and those who are new to our community,” said Michael Gritton, executive director of KentuckianaWorks. “We’ve been thrilled with the response from area employers, especially given the added need for jobs for displaced Gulf Coast residents.”
Displaced residents have received information about the career fair at the Family Assistance Center, located on the first floor of the Louisville Gardens. The assistance center is a one-stop location for evacuees to receive information about city services, state or federal benefits, employment and housing. In fact, those seeking services from the center will be able to walk upstairs to apply for dozens of jobs.
“This is a wonderful opportunity to welcome and establish our newest Louisvillians and ease their transition in to the workforce,” said Bunton.
All services are free to participants. There will also be a series of workshops and seminars to assist with resume development, interviewing skills and dressing for success.
A list of participating employers follows. For information on the job fair, call 574-1157 or MetroCall at 311.
COMMUNITY CAREER FAIR EMPLOYERS
· Adecco · Accent Marketing
· American Commercial Barge Lines
· Caritas Health Services
· Carrol Group (Burger King franchisee)
· Center for Accessible Living
· Community Living Inc.
· Crown Services-Louisville Medical
· Decker College
· Delta Direct Staffing
· Duplicator Sales & Service
· Employment Guide
· Executive Communications, Inc.
· Extension Staffing
· FedEx Ground
· Frisch’s Restaurants, Inc. /Golden Corral
· Galt House
· Glaser's Collision Centers
· GSI Commerce · HCA Inpass
· Highland Cleaners
· HR Affiliates
· IKON Office Solutions
· Insight Communications
· J.C. Malone
· Jefferson County Public Schools
· Jewish Hospital Healthcare Services
· Job One USA
· Job News
· Jones Plastic
· J.T. Nelson
· Katayma American Co.
· Kelly Services · KentuckianaWorks
· Kentucky Higher Education Assistance
· KY Trailer
· Labor Finders
· Laminating Services
· Levy Restaurant Co.
· Long John Silvers
· Louisville Metro Government
· Mac Convenient Stores & Circle K
· Mark’s Feed Store
· Malone Staffing · Marriot Downtown
· Medical Society Employment Services
· Mid Park Inc.
· Mister P Express
· NOC Health & Safety Training
· National College of Business and Technology · Nurses on Call
· Paula York, Inc
· Pooh’s Corner Child Development Center
· Practical Services Group
· Randstand North America
· Residence Inn by Marriott
· River City Distributing
· Riverton Trucker
· Seelbach Hilton
· Silverkap Foods, Inc., d/b/a Long John Silvers · Sonopress Manufacturing
· Spherion Staffing
· Surrex Solutions Corp.
· Talis Group
· The Mardrian Group, Inc. · Thorntons
· Thoroughbred Technologies
· TLC Supported Living Services
· Today’s Staffing
· Truck America Training
· UPS Supply Chain Solutions
· U.S. Army
· U.S. Navy
· US Bank
· Visions and Dreams Child Development Center
· Wellstone Hospital
· WDRB-TV Fox 41 and WFTE-TV – UPN 58
· WHAS- TV 11 · WLKY- TV 32