Friday January 13, 2006
Mayor Jerry Abramson today announced that his monthly meetings designed to make government accessible to citizens will continue in 2006. The first of the "Mayor’s Community Conversations" series is set for Tuesday, January 17, beginning at 6:30 p.m., at Moore High School, 6415 Outer Loop (map it
At Community Conversations, the mayor, along with department directors from every Metro Government agency, Metro Council members and other government leaders are available to meet one-on-one with citizens and answer questions about any issues and concerns. MetroCall’s customer-service representatives are on-hand to log citizen requests into city government’s tracking system to ensure timely follow up and response.
"We have met with thousands of residents and community leaders since starting these monthly meetings in 2003," Abramson said. "It’s an excellent opportunity for residents across our hometown to meet individually with me or any of my department directors, and to take an active role in their local government." Last year, more than 1,700 attended the 11 monthly meetings. A variety of issues are discussed including topics such as planning and zoning, drainage and crime prevention.
Community Conversations are scheduled on the third Monday of the month (except for the January meeting, held on Tuesday, January 17, due to the Martin Luther King holiday) at 6:30 p.m. in a different part of the community. 2006 Mayor’s Community Conversation Dates and Locations:
- Moore High School Theatre Room, 6415 Outer Loop February 20
- Eastern High School Gym, 12400 Old Shelbyville Rd. March 20
- Jeffersontown High School Gym, 9600 Old Six Mile Ln. April 17
- Valley High School Gym, 10200 Dixie Hwy. May 15
- Westport Middle School Gym, 8100 Westport Rd. June 19
- Newburg Middle School Gym, 4901 Exeter Ave. July 17
- Carter Elementary School Cafeteria, 3600 Bohne Ave. August 21
- Fairdale High School Small Gym, 1001 Fairdale Rd. September 18
- Iroquois High School Gym, 4615 Taylor Blvd. October 16
- Waggener High School Small Gym, 330 Hubbards Ln. November 20
- Portland Community Center Gym, 640 N. 27th St. December
- No MCC in December
For more information, visit www.louisvilleky.gov
or call MetroCall 311 or 574-5000.