The Louisville Metro Government’s Office for Women offers non-paid student internship positions during the fall, spring and summer semesters to undergraduate and graduate students. The Office for Women is is a public policy and advocacy office of the Louisville Metro Human Services Division. The mission of the Office for Women is to improve the status of all women in Louisville Metro by developing and maintaining partnerships throughout the community and participating as a leader in women’s issues. The Office for Women engages in education, awareness, research, policy work, advocacy, and referral.
Students who are bilingual are strongly encouraged to apply.
Is an Internship with the Office For Women for you? We are looking for students who have:
- Strong personal and career interest in women’s issues.
- Skills: Internet, Word, PowerPoint, research, writing, interpersonal, analytical.
- Related course work in social sciences, public health, law, or political science.
- Are undergraduates with junior or senior school status.
What does an OFW internship offer you?
- The Office for Women Internship provides students with an opportunity to gain valuable knowledge about issues facing women, girls and families in our community and local government.
- This internship is excellent preparation for careers in policy, social service, government and a host of related fields.
What does an OFW intern do?
Job Description: Assist with program development, research, and community-wide outreach. Depending on your area of study and tiem available, project planning and tracking, making phone calls, writing articles, or webpage editing may be involved.
For more information click on OFW Internship Opportunties, or email OFW.