1. Submit a Standard Application and Formal Rezoning Application. Applications are due on Mondays at 2:00 p.m. in order to be processed that week.
2. Development plans submitted with the Formal Application are distributed by the Case Manager to pertinent review agencies on Wednesday of the same week. Agencies have two weeks to review your plan and make any comments necessary.
3. Agencies send comments to you within two weeks of receiving your plan. The Case Manager also notifies you once all agencies have responded. If no comments need to be addressed, then you can skip to step 5.
4. Once you receive agency comments, please address these and resubmit your plans. Just like the original deadline, resubmittals are due on Mondays at 2:00 p.m. Steps 2 and 3 are then repeated; however, agencies have only one week to submit comments to you on any resubmitted plans.
5. When all review agency comments have been addressed, your application is ready for review by the Land Development & Transportation Committee (LD&T Committee).
|Additional information about rezoning in Louisville:|
Click here for a one-page overview of the rezoning process.
Anyone interested in requesting a zoning change or viewing any public records on rezoning requests may come to the Planning and Design Services office (444 S. 5th Street, Suite 300, Louisville, 40202) Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Click here to open the Land Development Code.
Click here to link to the LOJIC webpage, if you are interested in finding your zoning.