Applicability: When a committee of the Planning Commission takes action on a proposal on behalf of the Planning Commission, such action may be appealed to the Planning Commission by filing an appeal with Planning & Design Services no later than 14 calendar days after the date of the action. All committee actions which have not been appealed to the Planning Commission within 14 calendar days will not be subject to further administrative review or appeal.
1. Submit a written letter detailing the grounds for appeal no later than 14 calendar days after the date of the action to Planning & Design Services.
2. The Planning Commission reviews your appeal at a public hearing. Once a date is set for the Planning Commission hearing, you are required to send public notification to the appellant and adjoining property owners. Notices must be sent at least 10 days prior to the meeting. Click here for additional information on public notices. Once you have mailed the public notices, you will need to fill out and submit an affidavit of notification.
3. The Case Manager prepares a staff report prior to the meeting. The staff report and agenda are provided in advance to Planning Commission members for their review, and are usually posted the Friday before the following week's meeting. Click here to view agendas and supporting documentation.
4. The Planning Commission meeting is held. Planning Commission meetings are typically held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at 1:00 p.m. in the Old Jail Building located at 514 W. Liberty Street. Often, there are multiple cases on the agenda to be reviewed.
5. At the close of the meeting, the Commission votes on your appeal.
6. At the following PC meeting (usually two weeks later), the Minutes from your meeting are approved.