Map It

Map City Services

Enter an address:
(e.g., 410 S Fifth Street)

  Public Works & Assets


Request Accessible Parking Zone



Sheila Bradley @ 502- 574-3893

  • Residential on-street Accessible Parking Zones (APZ) are installed in order to allow individuals with disabilities access to on-street parking
  • Applicant must NOT have a driveway, garage, rear parking or a parking pad. The applicant must have no recourse except to park on the street.
  • Applicant must possess a valid “current” Handicap Parking Hanger or a KY Handicapped Automobile License Plate.
  • Applicant must be able to drive and possess a valid KY driver’s license or have a live-in caretaker that does drive.
  • Requests are made through the MetroCALL system - 574-5000
  • After the request is made, an inspection is made of the property. If property does not meet the criteria, a denial letter is sent.
  • If the property does meet the criteria, a packet (doctor’s statement and questionnaire) is sent to the applicant and given 30 days for completion and return. If not returned by the due date, a denial letter is sent for non-return of the packet.
  • If applicant meets the medical criteria, a payment letter is sent giving the applicant 30 days to make payment. If payment is not received, a denial letter is sent.
  • After payment is received the zone is installed usually within 2 to 3 weeks.
  • A user’s renewal fee letter is sent annually on 12/15 for renewal for the next year. If payment is not received by the due date, the zone is removed without notice.
  • If a zone holder moves and wishes for the zone to be relocated, they must notify this office and the new location will be inspected. If the new address meets the criteria, a relocation fee letter will be sent. After payment is received, the zone will be relocated. If payment is not received, the zone will not be relocated. If the new location does not meet the criteria, the zone will not be relocated.
  • If a zone is no longer needed (i.e. zone holder is deceased, has moved, doesn’t drive any longer, etc) they must contact this office for the removal of the zone.
  • The zone is NOT for the exclusive use of the applicant or any other individual. They may be used by any properly licensed vehicle displaying a valid county Handicapped Parking Permit or a valid Handicapped Automobile License Plate.

*** To obtain or renew a Disabled Parking Hanger, Please contact the Jefferson County Clerk’s Office.