The department has initiated several neighborhood planning projects that will be a catalyst for economic opportunity, and will increase our residents' quality of life throughout our community.
Completed planning studies:
1) Fourth Street Corridor
2) Rubbertown Economic Development Strategy
3) University Corridor Redevelopment Study
4) West Market Street Corridor Improvement Study
5) Park Hill Industrial Corridor
6) Regional Farmers Market Feasibility Study
7) Retail Market Plan
8) Market Drill-Down Study
9) West Louisville Competitive Assessment
Neighborhood plans are intended to offer guidance by providing a means for neighborhoods to identify, preserve and build on the positive qualities of their neighborhoods, and to set goals and priorities that will shape the future of their area in the years to come.
Click here to view neighborhood plans.
The Public Improvements Program implements design strategies, including new street furniture, sidewalks or street design, to revitalize commercial corridors. Neighbors and businesses take more pride in their own properties when surrounding areas are attractive and clean.