Public Art Master Plan
In 2008, the Mayor's Advisory Committee on Public Art selected Creative Time to develop the public art master plan. The plan was unveiled in Summer 2010, and will be used as the guiding document for the newly created Commission on Public Art.
The Public Art Plan:
- Clarifies the definition of public art
- Identifies opportunities for art in the public realm as a way to improve communities
- Sets public art policies
- Assists in identifying a framework for documenting and maintaining existing public art
- Identifies potential funding sources for the care and creation of public art
- Develops action steps for public art that are achievable within 3-5 years as well as long-term initiatives
- Identifies, with funding options, a temporary public art work and a permanent art work
Click here to read full Master Plan.