Code Board Hearing Policy (PDF)
In order to contest a citation, a property owner who believes they were issued a Notice of Violation/Citation in error should follow the appeal process below:
- Forward the appeal copy of the citation, accompanied by a written request stating the grounds for your appeal, to the issuing department. Click here to download the Appeal Request Form (pdf) -- after you download it, you may print it, fill it out, and mail it in.
- If proof of delivery is desired, please mail return receipt requested.
- Include with your request the Citation Number, Date of Issue, Property Address, Cause of Violation, and current mailing address and telephone number.
- Legal Counsel is optional.
- A notice of the hearing date and time will be sent a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to the hearing date.
- Bring any information (with copies) to support the appeal.
- The appeal will be allotted up to 20 minutes for presentation and documentation.
- Please be prompt for hearings.
- After the CEB determines and votes on its decision based upon the evidence presented, an Order will be issued stating the decision of the CEB and listing any fines and/or penalties that may be incurred.
Appeal Request Form is available in PDF format. You must have Acrobat Reader to view.
Click the button below to download Acrobat Reader for free.