Anyone planning to host an event in Louisville Metro must attach a Site Map of the event to the Special Event Permit Application before submitting it to the Louisville Metro Codes and Regulations Department/Permits and Licenses Division.
A Site Map should define the event area being permitted and include all of the following features and information, if applicable:
- All affected streets, alleys and rights-of-way, including those that will be closed;
- Alternate routes for traffic and buses, if streets are going to be closed;
- Location of all barricades that will be used;
- Location of all traffic control devices;
- Location of all tents and temporary structures that will be erected;
- Location of all vendors - fixed and mobile;
- Sources of electrical supply and service, including permanent electrical power sources and portable generators;
- Location of all dumpsters and trash receptacles;
- Location and layout of tables, chairs, picnic tables, etc., that will be used;
- Location of any stages that will be used or placed;
- Entrances and exits;
- Designated parking areas;
- Permanent and portable restroom facilities;
- Signage and banners that will be hung or installed.
Copies of the event's Site Map will be shared with the Codes and Regulations Department/Permits and Licenses Division, Louisville Metro Public Works Department, Louisville Metro Police Department and any other Louisville Metro departments that are appropriate.