Louisville loves to celebrate. To support your efforts, the MetroFest Calendar is published to showcase outdoor events and help attract residents and visitors to the many unique festivals held each year in Louisville Metro. If you would like your festival or event considered for this publication, contact the Mayor's Office for Community Relations and Events. Space is limited and must meet the criteria.
MetroFest Event Listing Criteria:
- Outdoor festivals and events only with an attendance of 500 or more people
- Open to the public either free or with an admission charge
- For non-profit organizations, event companies, neighborhoods, suburban cities, government agencies
- Events of a religious nature or message will not be listed
- Event sponsor agrees to list Louisville Metro as an event sponsor
- Event sponsor agrees to use Louisville Metro name and logo where appropriate
- All events must have all necessary permits from the ABC/Permits and Licenses Division office and other appropriate local and state agencies
MetroFest Listing Benefits
Events listed in 50,000 printed calendars, listed in the Louisville Metro on-line calendar and distributed in 30,000 March issues of Louisville Magazine.
October 1 - Event listing request form mailed to everyone on the Mayor's Office for Community Relations and Events mailing list. Call or e-mail the address below to ensure your correct mailing address is included.
December 1 - Deadline for Event Listing Request form. Only request forms received by this date will be considered. You may 'hold' space and request additional time to confirm your event date.
January 1 - Deadline for events submitted on the Event Listing Request form in November and requested extension time to confirm date. No Event Listing Requests will be considered after this date.
Louisville Metro maintains an on-line calendar that will contain information about festivals and events in the regional Louisville Metro area. Event organizers may submit an On-Line Event Listing Request any time throughout the year. Updates of approved events will be posted to the website the first of each month. The on-line calendar is for events in the regional Louisville Metro area including arts and cultural events, conventions, conferences, college sports, neighborhood and church picnics, national, religious, etc.
Event photos will be considered for inclusion in the MetroFest and On-Line Calendars. Please submit up to four fully identified color slides, prints, color transparencies or high-resolution electronic files for consideration. All photos submitted become the property of Louisville Metro and will not be returned.
To submit information for the online calendar, please send to:
Special Events Office
1080 Amphitheater Rd., 40215
Phone: (502) 368-5865