Anyone who wants to host a Block Party in Louisville Metro must submit an application for a Special Event Permit to the Codes and Regulations Department/Permits and Licenses Division at least 30 days before the event, and attach a petition to the application that states that all affected residents are aware of the Block Party and associated street closings, and have no objection to the event. The petition must be signed by at least 75 percent of the affected residents. A site map must be attached to the application defining the event area.
(See Special Event Permits, Section 1)
Approval of an Event Permit by the Codes and Regulations Department/Permits and Licenses Division will be subject to the following stipulations:
- Closing of streets and public rights-of-ways for Block Parties will be restricted to weekends and holidays between 8 a.m. and midnight;
- Street closings for a Block Party must not create traffic or safety problems;
- Access for local traffic and emergency vehicles must be maintained at all time;
- Barricades and signage must be installed around the perimeter of the permitted area;
- Additional Type 2 lighted barricades are required after dark.
For further information, contact:
Louisville Metro Codes and Regulation Department
Permits and Licenses Division
444 S. Fifth Street, Suite 200
Louisville, KY 40202
(502) 574-5245 fax