WHAT TO DO IF AN EVACUATION IS NECESSARY
- Evacuate immediately if told to do so. Use travel routes specified by local officials.
- Wear sensible clothing and sturdy shoes, appropriate for weather.
- Take along your disaster supplies kit.
- Turn off all appliances. Lock your doors and windows.
- Take a form of identification and any medicine taken regularly by family members.
- Do not return to the emergency site until local officials have given an “ALL CLEAR.”
- After the emergency if over, enter your home with caution. Open doors and windows to ventilate. DO NOT strike a match or turn on electric lights until you are sure that there are no breaks in gas lines.